At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Consumer Brands continuously drive the evolution in dynamic categories: Laundry & Home Care and Hair. With our trusted brands, including Persil and Schwarzkopf, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
The Head of Technology Transfer, deployed at the Henkel Bowling Green manufacturing site, is responsible for providing scale-up support to R&D and manufacturing facilities for the NA Henkel Consumer Brands (HCB) portfolio. Accountable for product, technology and project transfers, integration and improvement projects under packaging and processing technologies.
The Head of Technology Transferis representing R&D leadership, and serving as the bridge between R&D and Supply Chain (SC).It is an influential role at Bowling Green plant with direct access and influence to the Plant Leadership Team. The person is responsible to provide on-site leadership for R&D topics.
- Plans and executes scale-up of new formulations and packaging at NA manufacturing sites
- Drive assessment of technical feasibility/challenges for proposed technology or product changes. Anticipate transfer risks and address issues proactively or raise them to team early on for a complete design for manufacturing brief
- Manages pilot mixer activities and trials
- Provide on-site data collection and establishes define success criteria for implementation handover
- Lead packaging qualification for formats transfer and copy molds. This includes blowing, injection, corrugated, decoration and palletization components.
- Provide systematic approach to the implementation of packaging or processing, preferably utilizing sounded scientific approach e.g. DOE, and process documentation to drive implementation excellence (EXO/ZP/trial documentation, etc)
- Supports SC manufacturing and engineering teams on planning and implementation of new packaging, processing and downstream equipment
- Supports and drives execution of plant lead initiatives for packaging and processing changes
- Participate in packaging and processing investigations to improve efficiency and quality of existing processes
- Primary point of contact for the plants on packaging and processing innovations projects, provides technical updates and key milestones
- People talent development and have a robust succession plan.