At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Responsible for directing laboratory research in developing new products or modifying existing products.
- Must be able to do lab work including sample preparation.
- Will plan and organize laboratory projects, supervise laboratory personnel in execution of projects, maintain organized research records and make written and oral status and results reports to management.
- Requires interface with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales and Marketing Departments and frequent customer interaction to provide technical assistance in production applications and performance requirements.
- Some travel required. Contributes to strategic and tactical planning Identifies and drives new business development activities
- Supports R&D projects critical to business
- Supports road mapping of technology/business development
- Acts as an ambassador for the scientific community of Henkel Business Unit
- Generates test plans and/or experiments
- Participates in site's safety and/or 5S programs
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- M.S. or PHD degree in Chemistry or Material Science with 1-3 years of experience in materials research and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with at least 5 years of experience in materials research and development
- Familiarity with adhesives development, manufacture and characterization process, knowledge of adhesives and aerospace application related products and experience in epoxy formulating techniques highly preferred
- Understanding of materials structure/property relationships is essential
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) technical information to a wide variety of groups both within and outside the company
- Strong presentations skills
- Ability and desire to contribute excellence to a dynamic team environment required.
The salary for this role is $88,000.00 - $123,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, disabilities, veteran statuses, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and other legally protected characteristics.