At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
This position will support development and commercialization of new innovations from our Business Development team within our Packaging business. This forward-looking, Application Engineering role will be entrepreneurial and customer-focused to develop and implement solutions that enable our customers to introduce innovative, sustainable packaging products into the market. The role involves an emphasis on product/chemistry, engineering, process, equipment/technology, and/or project management support.
Dare to make an impact?
- Regularly influences and contributes to strategy and tactical planning and supports proliferation of break-through technologies from development to commercialization
- Collaborate within North America and globally on all project phases from research and development to commercialization
- Collaborates and develops roadmap with global customer design centers and industry experts
- Create, execute and analyze Design of Experiments to optimize adhesive, equipment and process performance within lab or production scale applications
- Create lab and production size prototype constructions and packages
- Investigate, procure/CAPEX and validate new application equipment
- Lead lab to production scale-up of new products supporting process development (ie. P-FMEA)
- Is the recognized expert in industry trade associations, develops new to the world data/white papers to promote Henkel expertise externally
- Establishes and leverages external networks and partnerships (research/suppliers/OEM/boards/industry)
- Understands latest technologies and impacts to SBU and customers
- Conduct competitive benchmarking studies to assess ability to win and innovation opportunities
- Leads/ recommends, customer visits, demonstrations, trainings and problem solving for strategic initiatives, break-through technologies and KAs
- Quantifies, documents and reports Henkel solution’s value to customers
- Has global tech. leadership role in L2 Market Teams; recognized as market applications expert and as consulting resource to Market Segment
- Conducts manufacturing excellence surveys to identify cost savings and process improvement opportunities
- Liaison with ASG, Regulatory, Legal, Purchasing, Supply Chain and 3rd party partners